Menu
Nezzer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't access myvirgin media online account

I hope someone on here can help with this because I'm getting really frustrated.

I'm a returning customer to virgin media. I've tried over and over again to set up a My virgin media account online using the email address they send my bill notification to and it says the email address isn't registered, then when I try to register it it says it's not available. So I try to register with a completely different email address, I go through the whole process and get a message that says "Sorry! We are not able to set up your My virgin media account at the moment. Please try again later,......" I've tried again later countless times. Same thing happens.

I've spoken to people on the phone which takes forever to get through and they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I get fobbed off, told to go online, hung up on, a couple of times they've said it's because I'm a returning customer and it causes a "glitch" in the online portal. They've said they'd raise IT tickets to get it fixed and I hear nothing from them again. One guy said it happens all the time, well sort it out then!

Without the online account I can't get access to the app so I'm not getting the service I'm paying for. I also think I've been billed incorrectly and overcharged but can't check this without an online account. I've only been back with virgin a couple of months and I'm remembering why I left. Absolutely appalling service.

Can anyone on here please help

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access myvirgin media online account

This is confusing.  You say you've been back for a couple of months but you are not getting the service you are paying for.

The online account access must be sorted of course, but is the broadband actually working?   Which app do you mean?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you think you are being overcharged then you need to speak to customer services as that can't be sorted on the forum. They'll tell what what was agreed, what package you are on and how much it costs. 

What app do you mean? 

You are paying for broadband to be provided to your property - are you getting this? 

0 Kudos
Nezzer1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I mean the virgin tv go app, I can't use it without a Myvirgin media account. Any advice on getting that set up? Broadband is working although it's often a lot slower than it's supposed to be.

0 Kudos
Nezzer1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I mean the virgin tv go app, i cant use it without a my virgin media account whicj i cant set up, any advice on getting it set up would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
rge44uk
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ditto for me. It’s 4 yrs since I left VM. Now I remember why. Let’s see if they answer the phone tomorrow. It will be busy. 

0 Kudos