cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i go back to hub 3?

Djoudi
Tuning in

Since getting my hub 4 my life is a misery. Constantly disconnecting, TV box having to be rebooted 2 to 3 times a day, cannot connect ps4 or laptop. The signal is weak all over the home. Never this much trouble with the hub 3. 

Hub is in the same place as before. Tried to connect ps4 with cable and still no luck. 

Can I get my old hub back please 🙏,  or someone come and fix this.

12 REPLIES 12

Djoudi
Tuning in

I've received my new hub, and sent my old one back. Have had nothing but trouble. Have to turn off my TV box 2 or 3 times a day to get signal, ps4 will not connect, and my laptop won't connect either.

The hub just disconnects at random points during the day. I'm actually ready to explode.

I just want my old hub back 😪 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You posted these two... about the same issue.? So I have merged the posts to one thread.

However, one says you have a Hub4 and the other says its a Hub5.

Which is it ? Or do you have both on two separate accounts?

In either case... yes you can get the Hub3 back if you call in and tell them the new Hub is not fit for your purpose, Or a VM person on here can help when they get here in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hiya 

Mixed up the number. Got the hub 4  and had been nothing but trouble since. Its the issue of not being able to connect ps4 and laptop that are bothering me most.

I have followed the steps for connecting to tivo etc. Nothing wants to work.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a rest like this...

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible If not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Djoudi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you were facing issues connecting your PS4 and Laptop after setting up your Hub 4.0, I have been able to locate your services with the details we have for you and haven't been able to see any issues at all, did you try the pin reset again exactly how jbrennand explained, are you now able to connect your PS4 and Laptop?

Please let us know how you got on, if you do need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Ok. I've tried this reset 4 times now, and I am now having trouble getting a signal in my sitting room  whilst still not being able to connect the ps4 and laptop. 

Thanks for getting back to us Djoudi,

I'm sorry you're still having some issues with the connection.

Looking at things from our side, I'm struggling to run through diagnostics. Can you please reset your hub, and let me know when you've done this so I can try again.

Alex_Rm

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Just use modem mode and get a better router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

HI Alex,

I've reset the hub