Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone explain why this happens?

This is an ongoing thing that has been happening for at least a year and still cannot find out why.

Every day of the week except thursdays internet connection disconnects for 17 minutes between 00:12am and 00:29am and then reconnects as normal.

On thursdays it disconnects at 00:16am and is off for exactly 2 hours reconnecting again at 02:16am

It is very annoying as I am a night person so tend to be online at this time, i am so used to it now that I can plan around it but would love to know why this happens.

I am in Manchester, Area:20

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone explain why this happens?

I am in Manchester too and it isn't happening for me. Is it happening on wifi AND Ethernet cable connected devices for you ?

if you haven’t already,,, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i only use ethernet i hate wifi with a passion.
it is not my wiring it is the actual connection at same specific times each day. modem drops connection and flashes connecting then connects fine until 24hr later it does the same thing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also in Manchester and not seeing the same issue as you. The BQM that John asked for will be very helpful for diagnosing the issue.
0 Kudos