Menu
shaunriordan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can any beat this level of shockingly poor customer service?

I signed up for a new 18 month contract last Tuesday 11th May 2021. My shiny new 1 Gig Hub 4 routeer came the next day and I plugged in. It flew. I was in dreamland. I reported the phone element wasn't working (IP telephony) and an engineer turned up the following day. He did 'something' and I lost everything and 7 days later I am still in the same state. Except my emotional state is a wreck. In the last 7 days I have spoken to 18 different customer service personnel, listened to over 15 hours of muzak and been passed around the customer service organisation like a bad smell. I have felt despair, angry, disappointment, embarrassment (I started a new job 2 weeks ago and have been unable to contribute). My kids can't hand in their homework, my son can't chat with his mates on the xBox and VM don't seem to give a damn. I've been given numbers to ring Field Dispatch teams that don't work, promises of emails and call backs that never happened and stayed in from 8:00 till 9:00 pm on 3 separate occasions to be met with 3 no shows. Of course I can go to another supplier but working in a digital intensive business I need the performance Virgin gives. They have me over the proverbial barrel. If there are any Virgin Media employees reading this please raise this to your manager's, the tools you are using to deliver customer service are like giving someone a rock to paint the Sistine Chapel. I can't, not allowed to, I promise, let's hope, computer says no are all phrases I have heard repeatedly over the last week. HELP ME I am close to the edge.  

0 Kudos
shaunriordan
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can any beat this level of shockingly poor customer service?

I signed up for a new 18 month contract last Tuesday 11th May 2021. My shiny new 1 Gig Hub 4 routeer came the next day and
I plugged in. It flew. I was in dreamland. I reported the phone element wasn't working (IP telephony) and an engineer turned up the
following day. He did 'something' and I lost everything and 7 days later I am still in the same state. Except my emotional state is a wreck.
In the last 7 days I have spoken to 18 different customer service personnel, listened to over 15 hours of muzak and been passed around the
customer service organisation like a bad smell. I have felt despair, angry, disappointment, embarrassment (I started a new job 2 weeks ago and
have been unable to contribute). My kids can't hand in their homework, my son can't chat with his mates on the xBox and VM don't seem
to give a damn. I've been given numbers to ring Field Dispatch teams that don't work, promises of emails and call backs that never happened
and stayed in from 8:00 till 9:00 pm on 3 separate occasions to be met with 3 no shows. Of course I can go to another supplier but working
in a digital intensive business I need the performance Virgin gives. They have me over the proverbial barrel. If there are any
Virgin Media employees reading this please raise this to your manager's, the tools you are using to deliver customer service are like
giving someone a rock to paint the Sistine Chapel. I can't, not allowed to, I promise, let's hope, computer says no are all phrases I have
heard repeatedly over the last week. HELP ME I am close to the edge.  

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can any beat this level of shockingly poor customer service?

Hi @shaunriordan,

Welcome back to our Community Forum. Thank you for posting and reaching out!

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had ongoing issues with your services. I can understand your frustration and I understand that this is not the ideal situation to be in.  

Have you taken a look at our Service Status page or calling our Service Status number on 0800 561 0061 to see if this is an area outage that is impacting your services?

Can you tell us a little more about the issues that you're experiencing? Is it broadband only, or more than one service that's impacted? Is your WiFi connection impacted by itself, or are you experiencing issues on a wired connection too?

Please tell us what self-care option you have already completed to try to resolve this issue. Have you tried to reboot, or reset your Hub recently?

Please let us know so we can look into this issue further. We're more than happy to help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked for outages in your area?

What are the lights on your hub currently? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shaunriordan

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the service, clearly not the level we aim to provide.

I've tried but sadly failed to locate your account from the Forum details provided. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos