Menu
BHX33
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can Someone from Virgin Please Help me I am Banging my head against a brick wall

I placed an order on the 18th August with one of your telephone sales representatives.  I explained that we will be moving house on the 1st of September and that I work from home.  Our new house has no mobile phone coverage so I needed the phone line & broadband installing quickly so I can work from home.  The Representative assured me that this wouldn’t be a problem. I received I text a few hours later with an installation date of the 4th September which I was very happy with.

On Tue 1st I received a text from Virgin saying The Big Day’s Coming!  We’ll be connecting you on Fri 4th with confirmation text re covid 19 which I answered and made arrangement to stay at home on Friday 4th. All was going very well and I was a happy customer.

Then the confusion started on Wednesday 2nd September.   I received another text from Virgin saying the installation date has been changed to 17th September.  I was not happy with this change at short notice.

On Thursday 3rd September I received yet another text saying that the installation has been rearranged for 21st September. This was totally unacceptable so I rang your customer service number.  This in itself was a nightmare!   I was on hold for 30+++ Minutes and when I eventfully got through to someone they didn’t speak very good English and communication was impossible.  I asked to speak to someone else, again a very long wait for a transfer.  The call was cut off at your end and I had to repeat the whole experience again. 

Eventually I spoke to someone who said that the connection to the house was definitely going ahead on Friday the 4th and not to worry because as soon as that’s done they can give me a new installation date for the equipment to be installed that would be sooner than the 21st September.   I asked the operator is she could email me what she had told me but she said that all that she can do is log our conversation on the computer so when I call to rebook all the notes will be available.

I phoned customer services again on Friday 4th at around 4.30 because no one had been out to connect to the house.  I was told that it will definitely be done before 6pm.   I felt that I was being fobbed off again by your operator just to get me off the phone.

After many more phone calls to customer service and the pre install team I was 100 percent  assured the cabling to the house will be done on Thursday 10th September BUT GUESS WHAT ! its now 16.35 on the 10th and no one has been out.

I have been recommended by friends that virgin Media is the best service to have but as of today the customer service I have received has been appalling.

Dave

0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can Someone from Virgin Please Help me I am Banging my head against a brick wall

From my experience this seems to be their standard policy. Promise early installation dates to get your custom and then constantly postpone them with no real explanation. They are aware that in many areas they have a better product than the competition so there is no point in wasting money on customer service.

Calling customer services gets you nowhere as they are all very clearly just reading from a script with no real ability to amend what the computer tells them.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can Someone from Virgin Please Help me I am Banging my head against a brick wall

The pre-installation and delivery team may have more info. although I guess you have checked - on 0800 052 1734 ?

When you get through ask what it says on your account notes re what the delay is due to

These sorts of delays are often caused by VM discovering that when they come to pull the cable through from the street cabinet to your property, there is an unexpected physical blockage.. That usually requires the pavement to be dug up to clear it - that requires a permit from the local council who usually operate on a glacial timescale - 4-8 weeks is not unusual before VM (or other utilities) get the council go-ahead. Hence delays of uncertain length can come into play.

Unfortunately the VM systems are poor at informing the customer of what is happening and whether this reason is the case, and so they cannot give exact dates!

A VM person should pick this up here in a day or two and get more info for you if the 0800 avenue is fruitless.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the experience that you've had waiting for your services to be installed.

I would like to take a further look into your account but have been unable to locate your account via your community profile.

I will therefore send over a private message,so that we can clear account security and look into this further for you. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry @BHX33, there has been no further update since your last message, I will let you know as soon as there is an update on your account from the area manager.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
BHX33
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I still havent had the work carried out.  Still no groundwork done to lay cable to the property.  I would really appreciate it if this could be looked into as a matter of urgency.  Many thanks

Dave

0 Kudos