Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I swap in a replacement Hub 3.0 for my Superhub 2?

I'm currently using an ageing SuperHub 2.  My partner - also a VM customer at her own house - has a new Hub 3.0. She's moving in with me shortly, and so will be cancelling her VM contract.

I'm wondering, can she simply unplug her Hub 3 and bring it here to swap with mine (and then return the SuperHub 2 to VM)?  Or are the hubs tied to the location/account in some way.  My questions are I suppose: (1) will it actually work; (2) if I do try it and it doesn't work, will there be a problem plugging the old one back in, or might I end up locking up my account or something?; (3) will VM care, and if so does that matter!?

In case it's relevant, both accounts have M100 fibre broadband. I have a Tivo box; she doesn't have a TV package.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I swap in a replacement Hub 3.0 for my Superhub 2?

Hi Eric,

the hubs are tied to the account and location, and hers will need to be returned when she cancels..

You may be able to get a swap for your hub  Hub Swap 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

First of all VM will not require the hub 2 back.

Second the hub will not work on another account as once she closes her account it will be de-activated.

You can order one for yourself at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

If it comes back oops then post back on this thread and a VM staff member can arrange one.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Think twice before doing this, as in my experience and from the experience of many others the SH3 is utter trash and is the sole reason i've just requested to leave at the end of the contract.

They've just offered a SH4 but with no fixed timescale for when i will receive it - Face Palm.

Stick to your SH2, unless it isn't working.,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Stick to your SH2, unless it isn't working."

Good advice - if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You'll need to upgrade if you go for M350 or higher.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos