cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay to have Virgin extended to my house?

Silus1
Joining in

Hi

all the surrounding roads to me have Virgin but as it was done before our house was built, it was never extended to our road.

whilst the availability checker shows we can’t get it, as our neighbouring roads do is it possible for us to pay to have Virgin extended to us? Is it possible to speak to an actual person about this request, seems impossible to get to the relevant department? Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

@martin9595 That would be good, as my openreach line does indeed come in underground. 

how would I find out about a PIA agreement in the area? And more importantly, how can I speak to the VM area manager? It would be so handy if I could have a direct discussion with the area manager to just hash out what options are available, if any.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Silus1,

Sorry for the delay, I'm still awaiting a response on this, once I receive it I'll pop up again.

Thanks for your patience,

Kain

Hi there was there ever a response to this? Or is it possible for me to simply speak with the area manager to discuss options?  thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delay there Silus1,

Unfortunately our team have no current plans to install at your address and have rejected the request.

As previously stated this may be looked at in the future however for now has been declined I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Kain

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Silus1 wrote:

@martin9595 That would be good, as my openreach line does indeed come in underground.   <snip>

If you have FTTC, have you asked Openreach for FTTPoD ?  They will quote to get you FTTP to your house, but will charge a fee to do so.  This will be taken off your bill should you decide to proceed.  It will be expensive though, unless you get enough people to club together.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks