Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I move my TV

Hi - When we moved in (and got virgin set-up) we had to spend a few weeks doing DIY work in the living room. The engineer was kind enough to leave the main connection (and the router) in the living room but to run a cable up the outside wall to the bedroom - so we could have the TV and virgin box there while we worked on the living room. 

The living room is now complete. I have a connection box on the wall, with the external cable coming into one side of a splitter and two cables coming from the other side, to a power socket and to the broadband router respectively.

Is it reasonably simple to wire up the virgin TV box to this somehow? I would get an engineer out if need be but think coronavirus has closed the call centres.

Many thanks - Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I move my TV

Should be a simple one but the mention of a cable going to power socket seems odd. Can you take a pic and post it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin power.jpgvirgin connections.jpg

So top left comes from outside box (which has another connection going to bedroom, where the TV box is just now): bottom left (with the PW/IN label) goes to the power socket in the other photo; and the right hand side (with the TV/RF label) goes to the router ... so I think I may just need to add a splitter to the router connection and plug the second connection to the TV box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It didn't seem to include my photos, sorry - but hopefully understandable from text?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its sweet, images need moderator approval, Ive approved em.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And yup, from what I see you are entirely right. If NOT, its simple as booking an engineer to get it working which should be FOC, but a splitter on the HUB coax should do the job.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whats happening with t'other cable (TV/RF- black band round it)?

You may need a terminator cap for it just to eliminate any back-path noise..

If your happy to go ahead on the basis of splitting the HUB coax and DONT have a splitter provided by VM Ill give you some part numbers, difficulty is going to be how you connect 2nd leg of splitter to V6 if they haven't sent you a cable either....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Annoyingly I've lost the splitter that I had so I've ordered another from Amazon (as well as a terminator). I already have cables though.

0 Kudos