cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a home installation box for M200 Fibre

LPiest
Tuning in

Hello, 

I have the Virgin Media box that is seen in the picture in my house, but I am not sure if this means I can just purchase a home installation box with the M200 fibre contract and start using it. 

Can someone help?virgin medai.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LPiest wrote:

Hello, 

I have the Virgin Media box that is seen in the picture in my house, but I am not sure if this means I can just purchase a home installation box with the M200 fibre contract and start using it.    <snip>

Not all properties have a socket.  Look outside for a brown or grey Omnibox on the wall and trace the cables to the inside.  If it is just a cable, you will need one of these to join to the Quickstart cable.  https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 

I can take a look into this for you 

We’ll need to look at the serviceability of your property and when it last had service. I’ll pop over a private message to further assist

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LPiest, thanks for the message.  All new lines are 21CV and the phone line would be plugged directly into the hub, do you have any other boxes in the house, it should look like this - 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Replacement-wall-socket/td-p/47406

Chris

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LPiest wrote:

Hello, 

I have the Virgin Media box that is seen in the picture in my house, but I am not sure if this means I can just purchase a home installation box with the M200 fibre contract and start using it.    <snip>

Not all properties have a socket.  Look outside for a brown or grey Omnibox on the wall and trace the cables to the inside.  If it is just a cable, you will need one of these to join to the Quickstart cable.  https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi thanks for the response,

The link you sent does not seem to work.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LPiest wrote:

Strange? Works for me. It’s a B&Q F type satellite coupler. 

83A9FA85-2749-478E-8E35-E28B790240FD.jpeg

So sorry I meant Chris's response, yours works fine thank you Adduxi!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @LPiest

Did you manage to speak with @Christy_D via PM? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M