Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can I Get Virgin Media?

Hi all,

I have just moved into a victorian terraced property with 5 flats (one per floor) in a Virgin Media area. All the streets around me have the service and according to customer service the other 4 flats in the building also have it. When a search for my address is carried out it shows as 'our services aren't currently available in your area'. 

I can't believe that this is the case and think there must be an error with the system.

I also have a Telewest box in the flat already - photo attached. When I call customer services they don't know what to do about it - last time I was transferred to the 'technical team' but waited for an answer for 25 mins before hanging up. 

Any idea how I can get in touch with the right people to throughly check? I would love to have the service installed. 

IMG_4729.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I Get Virgin Media?

A VM person should comment in a day or so - but it could be that they have reached the maximum number of subscribers for your area and cant add any more.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John - is the VM response time a pretty standard thing? I’ve received a 5G router from Three which I’m trialling. Getting speeds of 200-400Mbps which is very decent but would love to send it back and swap to VM on a steady fibre connection.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes.. they take a day or so (a VIP can ping them - I cant!).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacktorrance,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

We would have to advise you to speak to our sales team on 0800 183 1234 to see if we're able to install the services for you, they will be best placed to advise you.

Our Community Forums would be able to assist you once your services have been installed, but processing a new sale would not be within our jurisdiction

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply - the problem is that I'm suspicious whether the sales team are able to see the correct information. 

I'll give them a call. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacktorrance

Please let us know how the call goes? ^Chris 

0 Kudos