Menu
123cc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cabling date keeps changing

We were due to have our final installation on the 29th of March, however, this was cancelled at the last minute as more cabling work needed to be done and the final date was moved to the 17th of May.

Since then, the date for the additional cabling work keeps changing to that day's date. For example, tracking stated that an engineer would arrive on the 1st of May which didn't happen, I checked the next day and it was updated to the 2nd and again nothing happened. Today (3rd) I have tracking telling me that someone will be there which obviously isn't true as it's a bank holiday.

I spoke to customer representatives via messages and they told me I had been placed on the priority list and someone would be there as soon as possible. After that, I was also 'assured' that someone would be there on the 2nd and that it was definitely happening on that date. All the people I have spoken are saying the same thing and repeating the information on the order tracking page. 

My main issue is that I now have to wait for an additional two extra weeks without WiFi etc and have not been informed of what is happening. 

Customer service has mentioned that once I get the fibre sorted then I will be able to book the next available date for final installation which seemed positive but with how everything is unfolding I'm not even sure we'll have Virgin by the 17th.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cabling date keeps changing

Hi 123cc,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with the installation of your service. 

Are you able to confirm if you have been informed of what additional work is required on the cables? Have the team mentioned a re-pull or construction work?

I have been unable to access your account to confirm the details but our team will have booked the earliest possible appointments for the work to be completed. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos