cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables outside tenement

Ellie_N
Tuning in

Hi there,

I live in a first floor tenement flat in Edinburgh and there are black cables hanging down from either side of my windows. They have fallen right down on one side, covering the downstairs neighbours front door, and the front bay windows of the neighbours on the other side. I assume that they are virgin media cables as there is a connection inside my flat (although it is not in use). I have no idea whether any of the other neighbours have active VM connections, but the cables are certainly causing some nuisance. If there is another strong wind I think they will fall down completely across the front of 3 properties. 

Would virgin media be able to do something about this? I can provide details of the location or pictures if that would help to confirm that it is their responsibility? 

Thank you 
Ellie

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Pictures would certainly be helpful in a case like this.

Try not to uplink very large pictures, and there is a limit on individual picture sizes.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for your reply, here are a couple of images showing the cables:

wires-outside-tenement.jpg

outside-inside-virgin-media-wires.jpg

These show where the wires come into the flat at the side of the window and connect to the unused Virgin Media telephone jack. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That really is a mess and needs sorting urgently. 

A Virginmedia staff person should pick this up and pass the information to the local manager. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I seriously hope so. They look terrible (and dangerous) 

Hi Ellie_N, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about the issue with the cables and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ellie_N, thanks for the message, I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Please let us know how it goes and have a good day. 

Kind regards, Chris.