cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables on drive

dunk1
Joining in

Thought I'd try on here first, my neighbor is with Virgin and the cables Virgin have run from the junction box in the road to her house have been for want of a better description bodged into our shared tarmac drive, the drive needs to be replaced and now these cables are a major problem

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

On a shared driveway, Virginmedia should not have laid the cable without permission from all the users. You should ask the neighbour who gave the permission. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up some photos of the install/cables so a VM person can assess what needs doing.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @dunk1 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear there is an issue with your nieghbour's cabling. As mentioned by @jbrennand, to best understand and help, are you able to send images here?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dunk1
Joining in

My neighbor has contacted Virgin and someone is being sent out to deal with the problem on Wednesday, this was done sometime ago and is actually at my mothers house, I have only recently become aware of what was done, not sure why they weren't put the other side of the concrete edge that's there to support the tarmac drive. From what I understand after talking to my elderly mother she was not consulted about this    

Thanks for the replies IMG_2400.JPGIMG_2401.JPG

Hi @dunk1 

Thanks for getting those images to us. We would like to bring you into a private message so that we can gain more information to pass onto the department required to remedy this. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, 

The Virgin account holder is my mothers neighbor, she has contacted Virgin and was told they would be moved today. No one has been to the house as of 12:37 hrs 

Regards

Andrew Shaw