Menu
heaneyrobbie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cables in street

Hi all 

Virgin are digging up the road within my street to do cables was wondering after they have completed the work on the street will virgin internet be available for me to buy and use

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cables in street

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in joining us, I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

From the point of digging the road to actually switching on the service it is normally at least six months. There are many other parts of the build that need to be completed to ensure everything works as it should. I am more than happy to take your details and let you know once the system is live in your area. I will drop you a private message and hopefully will be able to get you on as quick as possible.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
heaneyrobbie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon

is there any chance this 6 months could be shorter? As the internet is this area is dreadful and lots of the neighbours also would like to switch to virgin media 

Basically we all need faster speeds for internet as quick as possible 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi heaneyrobbie,

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details from you and contact our Project Lightening Team, hopefully they'll be able to advise of the timescales for your postcode.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,#

Beth

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@heaneyrobbie wrote:

Hi Jon

is there any chance this 6 months could be shorter? As the internet is this area is dreadful and lots of the neighbours also would like to switch to virgin media 

Basically we all need faster speeds for internet as quick as possible 

The street ducting is just the first part of a long process, paticularly if the network build is in a totally new area. Headend equipment has to be installed & tested, followed by the cabinet equipment which all has to be balanced so that when customer equipment is installed it will all work as it should.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos