cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables and box outside the building

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hello. 

I am happy with Virgin Media - let's start with something that's rareley said. 

Outside my building, there are two brown boxes, with cables and all... and they are branded w/ Virgin Media logos. I believe my internet and phone cable comes from one of them. 

They are most untidy, most weird and I can't tidy them myself as I don't know what goes where. I would very much like someone from Virgin Media to sort them out and make them tidy in a way that doesn't look like WWII just ended. 

What would you think my best approach is? How should I approach this? 

I've put some pictures out here. Have a look. 1234124.jpg

314113.jpg

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
26 REPLIES 26

@AlexanderMTTH wrote:

my internet connection has worked intermittently at most important moments.

The tech should try to resolve this when he's there to tidy up the omni box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hello again. 

Hope you enjoy the last few days of good weather (- or so does MET forecasts).

Just wanted to drop you a line to update you all about this. Today the engineer came and sorted the cables.
Hopefully, the incident was permanently fixed, as well and said that this is the best they can do. 

1627310395740 (2) (1).jpg 

I think it's way better than what it was, so this was really good, mostly that I don't see cables on the floor and all. 
Thank you all for your input - I appreciate it. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi there @AlexanderMTTH 

Thank you so much for letting us know and I am so glad the issue appears to be fixed. 

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any further assistance. 

Hi Alexander, well done for persisting.

Two queries;

Did the techie justify why he has not worked to the minimum standard of cable protection required by the published VM specs for cabling ?

Now they say they are finished, please tell us when you get the 'automatic' credit of £5/day for an unfinished installation? 

Hello CosmicGW 

Thank you for your support on this matter. I'm happy it was sorted. The inginer did not mention anything of the sort. He fixed, told me that he can't do more than this - which I though it was nice of him to say. But nothing towards why it looked like that in the first place. 

I heard nothing about the compensation. I'm still waiting for a bill, so not sure if it will be applied there or not. 

Will keep you posted. Thank you y'all!

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Do please keep us updated @AlexanderMTTH and we'll be happy to assist you if required

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Alexander,

Your cables are now tidy but unprotected, so under the VM promise to OFCOM you qualify for automatic compensation until the installation is completed. As noted earlier in this thread, a completed installation should provide the VM minimum level of protection, or better.
I recommend you document your details and experience in a recorded delivery letter to VM head office asking them to confirm the above in writing with a target completion date, or explain why not.
If they are unhelpful, ask for a referral to arbitration, or simply apply to the small claims court like I am doing for my incomplete installation.
Your initial claim would be the daily rate to the date of claim, followed by a second claim submitted after the work is done, covering the extra time to completion of the installation.  Best wishes.