cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CableTel wire

AggieH
Joining in

Hello,

We want to get some landscaping done in our front garden and when we started looking at it we found a wire that goes to CableTel box. The wire has twisted under a tree we want to remove and it is just a loose wire (reinforcement ends before the tree so whoever done it originally cut corners) in addition the wire hasn't been buried under the ground so it just sits on top of the garden in places. Who do I contact to come and lay new cable with proper reinforcement? 

Thank you

Aggie

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to ask is are you a Virgin Media customer? If you are not it is going to be a lot more difficult getting VM to spend money on a dormant connection unless it is a Health & Safety issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, sorry didn't add - I am with virgin

Hi AggieH,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your external cable needs a repull due to it not being completely buried in places and being wrapped around a tree you are removing, so we can get a better idea of what is required, please can you post some images of the cabling?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Images attached of the cable with missing armouring and going under tree roots20230305_142116.jpg20230305_142141.jpg

Hope this helps

Regards

Aggie

Thanks for the images AggieH, I will send you a Private Message to get some details to arrange this to be looked into and resolved.

Rob