Menu
David541
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable too short

After waiting 10 months since I ordered a second set top box, it finally arrived, it included a 3mtr white cable which does not reach the box, do they do longer cables & how do I contact Virgin about this?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable too short

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

afaik they do pre made cable 1 metre and 3 metre so no help there - you will need a tech to come and make up a longer one - if you ring it in make sure its booked as a fault otherwise they will charge £99 for a non fault call out

Tony
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello David541

Sorry for the delay in you receiving the box

I would like to get an engineer out for you

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security David541

Can you let us know how the visit went please 

I will pop back on hear afterwards any way