Menu
cpatel89
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cable to house

Hi All

i am new to virgin media and the property live in does not have a vm box on the wall it only has the junction box at the end off the drive. I have been trying to get a definite answer from the customer services team but have bee struggling a bit. 

my question is will they lift up my block paving and bury the cable from the street to the box on the wall?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable to house

Hi there,

Yes, that shouldn’t be a problem at all. Once you have your installation booked you may be able to arrange for a site survey to explain fully what is needed. Do you have your installation booked in?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
cpatel89
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for your reply 

yes I’ve got my installation booked in for the 3/7/21

 I’ve attached pictures showing the the potential route the wire would take and a picture off the state off the wire at my neighbours 

F845B3BE-33D3-4CF8-9D02-D771A35AE153.jpeg

0982B9B8-8614-40A2-AEB5-8A98D4089E00.jpeg

58641732-6B08-40C1-9F3B-91989C8AA787.jpeg

78A67C2C-5414-4C6F-AA89-444518EC88C9.jpeg

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I would disagree with the comment 'Virgin would lift the block paving'.
Number of customers have had to lift paving prior to Virgin installation, even seen cable run above paving!
0 Kudos
cpatel89
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I’ve seen so many houses with the cable left exposed and I really don’t want to be faffing about 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you

I can confirm that we do lift block paving, our installers do this everyday. You should get a call or message prior to your install advising when we will attend to complete the external work. Please speak to the installers on the day and explain your preferred route and provided there are no major obstacles it should be fine .

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
cpatel89
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Jon, thats more then clarified for me I appreciate your help with this and hopefully I won’t be having any issues as it’s a dealer breaker for me having the cables exposed 

Thanks
Chirag

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well that's an about turn regarding Virgin lifting the paving, usually it's a case of in/out and on to the next job.
0 Kudos
cpatel89
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Let’s just hope it’s true and they do lift the block paving, as I told the rep that came round to mine yesterday and the customer service advisors today if the cable ain’t buried I don’t want the services from them, I attached some pictures in a previous message which shows how the cable has been left at my neighbours but it still says they have to verify the pictures. But the cable has been left exposed and all bunched up

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some shots of your drive to give us some idea of what the job entails, we even have installers here who could offer advice.

Looking for a clearer photo without a vehicle parked.

0 Kudos