Menu
colino2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable the rest of my street fk2 8sn

Hello, my street was only cabled up to number 38, but on inspection by an engineer from Virgin, the pipework etc. for the full street has been laid. The first half of the street appears to have been completed a considerable time ago. 

He advised me to register on the cable my street link, but cannot do so as the street is already half cabled. 

Can you advise me how i go about registering interest. I have talked to other neighbours in the street who have previously also expressed interest and they saw the same issues. There are a number of households who wish fibre broadband, but no one has been able to make any progress. 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable the rest of my street fk2 8sn

Hi there @colino2020 

Happy to check this over for you

Can you please private message the full address and I'll take a look

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
colino2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hello, can you advise if my street will be cabled. i have chatted with my neighbours and they have told me they also registered interest but heard nothing from virgin

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your interest, we are always working on expanding our fibre services. Once available we will be sure to post on our service checker.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think you can read Corey's response as a "no". Its probably not economically viable to do the installation for the rest of the properties, or there may not be the capacity to handle it either.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos