Menu
Jonny-M
Up to speed
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable splitter

Not acceptable, it's in the interest of all the techs to ensure the network is well maintained, and that includes keeping weather out as much as possible.

If engineers aren't allocated time to put things right when they see them then there's a management issue. If they don't care enough to be proactive and prevent their colleagues having to follow up after them and fix their work then that's also a management issue.

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

that is a joke lets see if we can get them back 

Tony
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@pivoraki wrote:

Hi goslow,

So technician came when I wasn't home. He replaced 3-way splitter with a 4-way one, so we've got a broadband now. Tidying up the cables was, probably, too much of an extra mile for him, so he left everything as it was. See the picture attached. I'll have to tidy it up myself. 

Very disappointing to see that @pivoraki but (sadly) not that surprising, as there have been similar topics on here in the past with similar outcomes.

Personally, I'd advise against any DIY tidy-up. When a set of connections are in as bad a condition as that, even moving them around a bit may cause an issue for someone connected to that mess. I'm sure VM will be quick to use the 'you touched it last' line if you interfere with it and a problem arises.

Nicely summed up by @Jonny-M. There is something sadly adrift with VM's corporate (and engineering) culture for any installation to end up looking like that and subsequently be passed by other technicians and left as-is to become an even bigger mess.

Hopefully @-tony- has been able to ask the forum team to come back to the topic again for a second look. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi pivoraki, 

Thanks for popping back with an update on how things are going. 

I'm glad that the broadband is working for you now and you are up and running however I am disappointed to see that the engineer didn't attempt to get things tidied up for you too. 

Not to worry though, I'll get an appointment booked in specifically for tidying up the cables. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi pivoraki,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. Checking the account I can see a visit is already booked. 

To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos