Menu
ran_pal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable repull installation delayed by 3 weeks!

My first appointment was 17th Dec. Then it was meant to be 18th Dec. Now it has moved to 11th Jan. and this without notification to me!! 

Will Virgin give compensation for a dongle so I can still get wifi? Or alternatively can I leave and find another provider?

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable repull installation delayed by 3 weeks!

@ran_pal wrote:

My first appointment was 17th Dec. Then it was meant to be 18th Dec. Now it has moved to 11th Jan. and this without notification to me!! 

Will Virgin give compensation for a dongle so I can still get wifi? Or alternatively can I leave and find another provider?

Might be worth checking if this applies to your 'Missed' appointments:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation#appointment

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ran_pal

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm so sorry to hear about your installation reschedule, did the notification not advised of any reasoning behind the change?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ran_pal
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No they didn’t. And now my appointment has been rescheduled again. Again without notification. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When installed and working, VM is fast and acceptably reliable, and there are some very good bundles and offers, but customer service and customer communication are firmly stuck in the dark ages.  If you choose to wait this out you should get £5 a day credit for a delayed installation when your account goes live (some people have got several hundred quid of credit from this), but that may be scant satisfaction if you have to use a mobile data connection for several months - a number of intending customers have seen delays measured in terms of several to many months, due to a complete collapse in VM's processes for new connections and cable re-pulls.

You can of course cancel without penalty up to 14 days after the service is connected, so if you want to cancel now you can.  Or you could make other ISP arrangements, let VM install, immediately cancel the installation under cooling off rights, and then if you decide to give VM another chance in future you'll have the physical connection work all done and ready to go.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ran_pal,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you still don't have an active service, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see a technician is booked for you, if you wish to reschedule or cancel this can be done via your online account here virg.in/myVM?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos