cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable repull - confusion

_User2023_
Joining in

I'm at a loss as to what to do or who to turn to for my cable repull and it feels like I'm getting mixed messages from everywhere at every point.

My internet went down over a month ago and an engineer came to fix the issue. It was fixed I had all my services working but he said that due to issues with the cables I wasn't getting enough speed so a cable repull team would come to fix it. They came a few days later and my whole service went down (this is the 4th July) and since then I've had nothing, no broadband, no television. 

My repull dates changed and changed and then suddenly I was told that the date for the fix would be 5th September (so no broadband and TV for two months). I tried contacting Virgin so I could have an idea of what was going on and why it was going to take so long, the call center staff didn't really know and couldn't provide answers, the technical teams via chat didn't really provide any information at all (it will be done on the 5th, that's it). 

Then I made sure to notify Virgin that everything was down so the compensation process could be noted but was told that 'there was no issue in the area so it must be problems with my equipment' - I had to go on the phone again as this was getting utterly frustrating. Then on the phone I was told that the actual date of my repull was last Friday (28th July) but no one turned up. I can't quite understand if this was what the systems showed but why didn't I get notification? If this was the case does this fall under a no show? What on earth is going on? 

I then tried to get hold of the technical teams via chat but no one turned up or messaged me. I'm so utterly frustrated by the whole process. I've been with Virgin for so many years now and the lack of explanation or the fact that I need to wait two months for my issue to be resolved is exhausting. 

Is there any way this process can be speeded up? Can anyone tell me what's going on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

realistic advice is save your time and breath contacting them - you will get no info as they know nothing - the job will have been put out to subcontractors who will get round to it as and when - in the mean time there will be no communication between them and VM - they may need council permits and thats the first excuse you are likely to get - but when it finally comes to compensation dont accept anything over 48 hours for a permit - certainly not the 6 weeks they trot out

if you do contact them and thats likely to be offshore they will guarantee its all going to be sorted tomorrow - of course it is the screen says so - so like parrots they repeat it and repeat it tomorrow when it does not

you are due compensation of nearly £9 a day from when you lost the internet completely - keep records and be prepared to go to the arbitrator when VM try to short change you which they usually do

in the mean time look for an alternative - 3 do 5g for £25 a month on a 30 day contract - if you are in a good area that will give you anything up to 600 down - even if it falls back to 4g its usable 

but as i started - just let it run you will get no info - staff will get to the thread and apologise - offer to loo at it or ask you whats happening and do nothing as there is nothing they can do 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

realistic advice is save your time and breath contacting them - you will get no info as they know nothing - the job will have been put out to subcontractors who will get round to it as and when - in the mean time there will be no communication between them and VM - they may need council permits and thats the first excuse you are likely to get - but when it finally comes to compensation dont accept anything over 48 hours for a permit - certainly not the 6 weeks they trot out

if you do contact them and thats likely to be offshore they will guarantee its all going to be sorted tomorrow - of course it is the screen says so - so like parrots they repeat it and repeat it tomorrow when it does not

you are due compensation of nearly £9 a day from when you lost the internet completely - keep records and be prepared to go to the arbitrator when VM try to short change you which they usually do

in the mean time look for an alternative - 3 do 5g for £25 a month on a 30 day contract - if you are in a good area that will give you anything up to 600 down - even if it falls back to 4g its usable 

but as i started - just let it run you will get no info - staff will get to the thread and apologise - offer to loo at it or ask you whats happening and do nothing as there is nothing they can do 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @_User2023_ thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

It's difficult to know why you've been advised this without investigating the specifics, so please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W