cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable re-pull appointment kept delayed. No internet connection at all. Any alternative? Help!

dofish
Joining in

Hi all, I really need some help here.

My family is new to England and we moved to a location with very poor mobile connection.  We counted on broadband installation so that we could have a better communication with outside.  Virgin Media is the only choice we have here with speed over 100mb and so we, with lots of hope, signed the 18-mth contract.  Of course, as lots of experienced users here, problem was met during installation.  VM technician came and told us that there was problem with the main cable into the property and a re-pull was required.  Appointment was made and we waited for half day.  No one came.  I used Live Chat in VM's web and they put me waited for over 90 mins kept telling me they were checking for the problem, but with no answer eventually.  So I called the hotline and made another appointment again.  After another half day waiting, no one come.  The story re-run for another two times, and still, no one came, ever!  Now, I'm waiting for my fifth appointment, which should happen before mid December, but I am really doubted that would just be another half day empty waiting...

And my contract had started and I am already paying for this so-call "service"...

But my biggest problem here is that as the location I live is with very poor mobile service.  And now I have no internet connection, I nearly lost my communication to outside.  We are new to England and are really not familiarized with things here.  No internet connection makes things even worse.  Could anyone give me any suggestion, like any company which could provide no contract internet service as my temporary solution?  

Thanks all.  I'm just so desperate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shroko
Superfast

VM technicians can only install if the pre pull is done, otherwise it's pointless them arriving as there's no cable to the property!

A lot of people seem to be having issues with the pre pull, there seems to be a breakdown of communications. The pre pull is done by a contractor. 

Contact customer services and request that the "Area Field Manager" AFM, contacts you. Insist that you want to make an official complaint. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Shroko
Superfast

VM technicians can only install if the pre pull is done, otherwise it's pointless them arriving as there's no cable to the property!

A lot of people seem to be having issues with the pre pull, there seems to be a breakdown of communications. The pre pull is done by a contractor. 

Contact customer services and request that the "Area Field Manager" AFM, contacts you. Insist that you want to make an official complaint. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dofish,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Apologies for the delayed response here. I am so sorry to hear that you've been having some problems with your installation and with appointments to get this sorted out. Have you contacted the team again since your post, or do you still need our help with this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm sorry that you have had such a poor welcome.  Unfortunately this is a very common problem with new connections to Virginmedia. 

Do not trust any dates that you are given - they are only estimates.

The only good news I can give you is that you will not be changed anything until the service is installed and working properly. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.