cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable pull to house

Gaulty17
Tuning in

Hi,

I’ve signed up to VM tv and broadband and was due to be installed on 10th May, unfortunately this got delayed until the 23rd May with no explanation at all. I’ve noticed that the cable pull hasn’t been done yet and I’ve no idea when this will be done.

It’s a worry as I need broadband for my Work from home job, so if the installation is delayed further then I’ll have a serious issue with doing my job. 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Gaulty17
Tuning in

Any advice anyone? 

I'm afraid I don't have the awnser to your question, I am just another VM customer on the forum. 

One of the forum mods should pick this up in the next day or two. The forum mods are VM staff so they will be able to tell you what's going on.  

Thanks Cameron! 

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

May I suggest that you peruse the various threads on here regarding delayed installation, just to give you an idea of what you are facing? As far as I know the record is some thirteen months (no, I’m not joking) between the poor mug valued customer being promised an installation date and to when they actually got connected - just to set expectations!

Now having said that, then, alas, no there is nothing that you, or nor anyone else, who may or may offer to help, are able to do anything to accelerate this. Unfortunately that also includes the forum team members, who are VM employees, on here, who will offer to get detail from you and see what is going on (hint: it’s a degree of delaying tactics, nothing will come from it), because of the way that VM’s management have decided to run their customer support provision! Sad but actually true!

You will get connected, when and if, the contractors get around to doing it, and there is nothing you, nor VM, can or will do to change this!

So, the question is this ‘what will you do about it’?  Maybe, give up of VM altogether, on the grounds of incompetence? Or an alternative connection, a 4G or 5G mobile connection on a monthly rolling programme etc

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gaulty17

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I will send you a private message now so we can provide an update.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide