Menu
Aquamourne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable pull being delayed

Hi there. Originally had a blocked duct, waited 6 ~ 8 weeks, construction was done. Was told I need a cable pull. Cable pull was scheduled for the 2nd, then the 4th, then the 5th and most recently the 7th. No one has arrived on any of those dates. 

Got into contact with customer services on the 7th, at around 2/3pm. The due time was 1 ~ 6pm. He ensured me that the engineer for the cable pull would be there by 5:30. No one arrived. Called after the fact, around 6:30pm and was told there's some sort of 'fault' and the area manager has to take a look?

What I'm wondering is if there was a fault all this time, why would it constantly be rescheduled? Initially I was given Sept 9th as a date and then it kept changing to earlier. I'm all for getting this thing installed ASAP so I figured that's a plus for me. 

I'm guessing they found the time to do the cable pull earlier but on those days the fault remained... I'm not sure. As of today, I still see Sept 7th as the due date for the next appointment, so it's not been updated yet. I know the actual installation and the cable pull are separate and can occur same-day or not, I'd just like to know when these events are actually happening.

During the call in the evening on the 7th the CS representative assured me that all will be completed guaranteed at the latest on the 25th. How can I take anyone's word for it? And why does all this process just for them to pull a cable take so long? From a lot of other threads all that seems to happen sometimes is more and more delays for absolutely no reason other than miscommunication and disorganisation.

Can I have some looking into this? Just some more verification and solidity would be greatly appreciated. It's already been agonising enough waiting two whole months let alone constantly having to phone up, message, chase, etc just for me to even get my internet installed.

Thanks

(This is a separate issue, however, if possible - can someone verify me I will be compensated for not having my internet installed? I originally ordered the QuickStart package but found out I cannot install manually, CS has assured me I will be compensated after the fact but I worry I'm going to be charged for internet that isn't even installed.)

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable pull being delayed

You won't be charged until your service is in and running and even if you do get billed you are credited with the days you don't have service for so you only pay for the days you actually have service. 

Further your 14 days cooling off period doesn't start until your service is actually installed. 

0 Kudos
Aquamourne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just want to make sure on this - this includes if the QuickStart package is already activated? VM took the day I received the package as the day of installation.

0 Kudos
Aquamourne
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable pull being delayed... still

Once again got £25 off my bill for the appointment being 'missed'. Appointment showed up like this: 

chrome_fa9lLFFtW0.png

Still no one has arrived. Haven't even gotten a text message/call/e-mail or anything. I know they typically don't inform you when they come to do a cable pull, but why do they inform me of a missed appointment and £25 off just to reschedule?

I'm not fussed about the £25 off. £25 off internet that I'm supposedly not already paying for because it's not installed means nothing. Especially considering that's £125 off already. 5 reschedules.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aquamourne,

Thanks so much for your first post and a warm welcome to the community! It's nice to have you onboard.

I really am sorry to hear you have had suffered multiple delays with the installation of your services, this isn't what we want to hear. Just to assure you, your contract will not start until your services have been activated at your property.

I'd like to look into this a bit further for you, so I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take a look at your account. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

See you there,

Beth

0 Kudos