Menu
belfastmagpie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable protector

Hi folks, first time poster so please be gentle.

I have recently replaced a damaged wall at the front of my property.  The builders were very careful to avoid damaging the Virgin cables but the piece of cable protector which was bonded to the wall didn't survive the process.

Can you steer me towards a replacement?  Happy to fit it myself but I'm struggling to find the right thing unless I buy at least 3m length (I only need 65cm).

At the minute the cables are open to the elements and I'd like to secure them as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable protector

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean a cable guard?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/Cable_Guard/index.html

Available at most electrical wholesalers.

belfastmagpie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that's exactly what I mean.

Any idea what the best diameter size match might be?

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, the dimensions on the link above refer to the open space beneath the 'loop' shape. You need enough space for the cable(s) to fit in easily and sufficient space left so the cables are not crushed or pinched in any way. Once you have fitted it, the cable(s) should still be loose underneath.

Measure up your cable diameter(s) that you have to fit in and pop down to your friendly local electrical wholesaler and see what they have available.

belfastmagpie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, goslow.  There seems to be a dearth of these products in Northern Ireland at the minute - all of my usual wholesalers are showing none in stock - but I'll give it a go in person on Monday morning.

We got none....png

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's usually a common enough part if it were under normal circumstances. Maybe try some smaller, local, independent wholesalers. CEF are generally pretty expensive for one-off items to non-trade customers, I usually find.

0 Kudos