cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable needs pulling onto my flat

filipe_oliv
On our wavelength

Hi everyone. I've recently bought a new build, and moved in on the 24th March. I booked a Virgin Media engineer all the way back in December, he came on Saturday and even though I got a text a few days before saying all works outside the property were completed, he said that I don't have Virgin Media in my flat. We went downstairs and he noticed the cables are all connected downstairs, but just haven't been pulled to my flat. He told me to call Virgin Media to arrange this to be done before I re book an engineer visit.

I've phoned Virgin Media quite a few times since Saturday, and every time I get a different answer. I keep calling to find out exactly what is happening regarding that, but no one can give me a straight answer.

Is anyone aware of a direct phone number to the team in charge of booking an engineer to pull the cables to my flat?

35 REPLIES 35

Client62
Legend

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done.

Why on earth did the engineer not submit the request for you !

I know… Thanks for that number, but I literally called that number today and was just as helpful as the normal one. Maybe because I pressed the general questions about the installation key, but the other ones were to change or cancel.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi filipe_oliv 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry to hear your installation has been delayed as the cabling hasn't been pulled to your address. I've taken a look on our side, and can see you've been able to get in touch with our Pre-Install Team and they have been able to assist with this.

Please do let us know if you need any further help with this and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, thanks for your reply. I have gotten in touch with them, but everything is still very confusing as everyone is telling me different things. Would you be able to DM or call me so I can understand exactly what is going on?

Thanks,

Filipe

If the cables have not been run internally, has the builder given VM plans showing the intended cable routes?

Hopefully there will be ducts or trunking available for cables, and I suspect there will be problems if VM come in and start drilling through walls and floors. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

filipe_oliv
On our wavelength

All the virgin media cables are already inside the building, there's a blue wire that goes from the internet socket in my flat to the downstairs internet closet where they have all the virgin, bt and sky cables, they just need to attach the virgin cable to the blue wire and pull it into my flat. But no one on their customer service can give me a straight answer of who needs to come and do that..

So what do you mean by pulling?  If the cable is there and it's just a question of connecting the ends, the technician could have done that right away.

Edit. I think you mean there is a chase wire to pull the VM cable through. In that case the technician will need to come back with sufficient cable. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

filipe_oliv
On our wavelength

I know, that's what I asked the technician. It's literally an easy pull, but he said it's a different team, it has to be someone above him. They're supposedly coming on Monday to do external works, and (hopefully) come into my flat to do that, but they've said before they were doing external works and nothing happened so we'll see.

So the text you received saying the outside works were completed was wrong? 

- jpeg1