Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable from street to house.

Hi all,

Looking to block pave my driveway and noticed the cable running from the street to my house is only an inch or so below my current ground level/grass. There doesn't seem to be much excess for me to bury the cable properly underneath the ballast/bricks etc.

Im guessing this would need an engineer to sort out and is not a DIY job. Also, the box where the cable joins the house is a mess, can this be replaced also. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable from street to house.

They can both be done but I wouldn't have thought they'd want to do them until things are back to normal as neither will be considered essential. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please message me you Address and postcode privatly and i will see if i can get the local manager to support you.

Jon (Service Manager)

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At the moment non essential works were restricted but there is still plenty of opportunities to support you on this. As long as our teams can maintain social distancing then there is a possibilty we can complete the work.

PM me and i will see what we can do for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All verified now 🙂 Good to go. You can message him safely now in the knowledge he is who he claims to be 🙂

Thanks @ModTeam

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don’t forget it will cost £99 as a non fault call out. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos