cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable from service hatches to property

Stephen93
Up to speed

Hi, there is a service hatch at the edge of my property, there is a lawn between the hatch my house, will my lawn be dug up to get the cable to my wall & will it be put back once installed?

thanks, Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

We have the exact same situation & that is perfect as no paths / drives / walls need to be crossed.

I could not tell that VM ( the subcontractor Kelly ) had been and sunk a blown fibre tube under the lawn, it was the smallest slit ever to inset a tube that is about 8mm in diameter.  The blown fibre tubes are quite shallow, so I will not be spiking the lawn in that area.

The tube to be in set under the lawn is like this ...

IMG_1350.JPG

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If that is the easiest/fastest route to go then probably, yes. Quality of VM installations varies enormously. A recent topic, involving a cable across a lawn, is below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/You-d-never-know-they-d-been/td-p/5338508

Usual advice on here is to try to be in on the cable installation day so you can supervise what the contractors get up to. Unfortunately, VM's installation dates can be somewhat flexible so the cable may be installed at any time.

Client62
Legend

We have the exact same situation & that is perfect as no paths / drives / walls need to be crossed.

I could not tell that VM ( the subcontractor Kelly ) had been and sunk a blown fibre tube under the lawn, it was the smallest slit ever to inset a tube that is about 8mm in diameter.  The blown fibre tubes are quite shallow, so I will not be spiking the lawn in that area.

The tube to be in set under the lawn is like this ...

IMG_1350.JPG

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My VM cable is buried in the lawn without conduit and it looks similar to @goslow  post, except it is very zip zag and about 25 mm deep at most.  The BT fibre install was done with a very large  “concrete”?  saw blade, is at least 200mm deep and can’t be seen. The cable is in a metal conduit to boot. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

In this thread the property has the same connection point as ours which is for RFoG / FTTP.