Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable exposed driveway

Hi, wondering if anyone can help. We moved home and had the virgin reinstalled in our new house. but the cable is sitting across the driveway and literally over path to front door in a green pipe. We asked the tech at the time why it needed to be like that and he said that we would have to have someone come out to bury it and to call virgin. I have called virgin and they are sending a tech out but how will they bury this under the paving stones in driveway? I assume that tech isnt going to be digging up the driveway paving? or will they? Just when I explained on the phone I wasnt sure the guy completely understood what i was asking so worried I am getting some tech over and he is just going to say thats not his job?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable exposed driveway

Its the techs job to escalate the cable issue, make sure the tech takes ownership or ask to speak to his Manager
I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable exposed driveway

Hi there @hayleyks

Thanks for popping back to our Community, sorry that you're having some issues with some cabling that was not buried correctly at installation. 

If you do not want us digging up the driveway or paving may I ask what resolution you are looking for from the visit? From locating your account I can see that the technician we have booked is to rebury the cabling so there should be no reason this cannot be done; however this does of course depend if you allow us  to rebury and how you want this to be done. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos