cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable damaged, no service for over 5 weeks, and no prospect of resolution

ScottMcG
Joining in

Hello,

Around 5 weeks ago, the Virgin cable outside our house (under a grass verge) was damaged by Southern Electric, and the internet and TV connection to our house was broken.

I logged a call, and an engineer came out next day, who confirmed the issue, and that we would likely need a full cable repull.  Since then I have had 5 messages "confirming" that the cable repull would be happening on a specific date, and no engineers attended.  On Monday, I thought we had hit gold when an engineer actually turned up - he then informed me that he needed the Construction team to attend too, and since they weren't present, he could do nothing (and then left).

I've since had 1 more text, stating that my engineer visit is now booked for November!  

Who do I need to speak to in order to actually get this repull done?  I have to work from home, and am doing so (at my own cost) with a 4G dongle - I can't keep doing this for much longer.  Please, can someone help??

Scott

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Keep a good record of events (dates, times, no-show visits from technicians, failed visits with no resolution etc.) as you will be eligible for compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ScottMcG.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your services after the cables were cut.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L