cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable cut by gardener

RMai
Joining in

Hi,

I have an appointment booked for Friday as my internet is not working - gardener cut through the wire. There is no option to add this to my appointment or a note so the technician comes prepared, please can someone help.

thanks,

Niaomi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin technicians can splice a broken cable on the spot providing there is enough slack. If there isn’t it requires a cabinet repull, which is done by third party contractors as a separate job. Until the technician can assess it you won’t know whether it’s fixable straight away.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin technicians can splice a broken cable on the spot providing there is enough slack. If there isn’t it requires a cabinet repull, which is done by third party contractors as a separate job. Until the technician can assess it you won’t know whether it’s fixable straight away.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RMai, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the gardener has cut through the cable which has resulted in the loss of your services. 

As mentioned by nodrogd, the engineer will likely be able to get things sorted on the visit however if it's not possible, they will discuss this with you as well as the next steps. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs