Menu
Rookie998
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable box

20210507_150259.jpgcan anybody tell me what this screw thing is called please? Should have 2 pieces attached which I've drew on in black.  When the virgin engineer came round to set up,  he said b&q and screwfix sell them.  I've taken the screw to both and they have no idea what it is. It keeps the cover,  which is behind the screw in the picture,  secure for the cables in to the house. Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable box

No idea what this is or what that box is.

Are you possibly in an FTTP area ? If so, I think an engineer will need to visit to fix the box.

Cables to the house are normally behind a clam-shell like design, so you can use either screens or wire ties, or even tape in some instances.

0 Kudos
Rookie998
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzy9od1rh55dvwr/20210507_154029.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwpfdxl3ly4ipas/20210507_154041.jpg?dl=0 

I have no idea if I'm FTTP but that is what the cover is hiding and why the screw has the slots on to match up with holes in the cover

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

thats somebody elses mess i think - nothing to do with VM - well not directly - the tech has taken the easy route and used an existing hole to pull the cable through and walked away having only done half a job - he should have fitted a VM wall box

that said i guess he has no idea what all those cables are for - not much i would think most of them are cut and again nothing to do with VM

you should be able to get a tech back once lockdown is over to fit the correct wall box but to do that you need to sort out that spaghetti 

Tony
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like some sort of home automation connection box,  As Tony has said, nothing to do with VM.  I would doubt if any DIY store would have those sping clips.  Best to ask the installer of the box who the supplier was.  They may have spares.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos