cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable and box in second room

Stanchion77
Tuning in

Hi there, we are looking to ‘relocate’ our lounge to a new room, following an extension, whilst keeping the existing Virgin equipment in situ in the current room. So basically need an extra co-axial cable to the new room (probably external) and a second box. Can’t see how I order this from the standard Virgin home page and have had mixed results previously from the call centre. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks! Dan

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team here should be able to book a tech visit if this is just purely for wiring alterations & not for adding new services/account changes. There is a standard charge of £25 if the tech visit is not fault related.

A member of the team should respond to this thread within a couple of days.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks so much, very helpful. Also keen to know how I add a second box to my account (again could not see that on my upgrade options list when accessing my acocunt on my mobile) but without any changes to my existing package, but I am sure that will be covered in Virgin's reply. Thanks!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stanchion77 wrote:

Thanks so much, very helpful. Also keen to know how I add a second box to my account (again could not see that on my upgrade options list when accessing my acocunt on my mobile) but without any changes to my existing package, but I am sure that will be covered in Virgin's reply. Thanks!

That will complicate the issue as adding a box is an account change, which you will have to do via the phone. The installation of the new cable then becomes part of your box install, which might well be an included cost.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stanchion77
Tuning in

Excellent - thanks, that's wonderful.