Menu
KnockerWhite
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable Splitter

Can I fit a cable splitter to the feed for my Tivo V6 Box to supply internet to my new smart TV.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Splitter

Hello

Do you have a virginmedia broadband connection ?

The smart TV will need to be connected to the internet via either wireless or a direct Ethernet connection if you have a Virginmedia hub for the internet.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If by feed, you mean the white coax cable, then no, it won't work. To get an internet connection to the smart TV, you'll need to either use Wifi (assuming that the TV is wifi enabled) or run an ethernet cable from your VM hub (and I assume you do have VM broadband) to the TV.

0 Kudos
KnockerWhite
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jem101, I was hoping that the splitter would save me running 50 feet of coax cable under the floorboards in a very dusty crawl space. However I will rescue my miners headlamp from the garage and under the floor boards I will go. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I think you misunderstand coaxial cable will not give you access to the internet.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KnockerWhite
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are correct, my error. I mean my very long Ethernet cable initially supplied by Virgin. Thank you for reminding me.

0 Kudos