Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Cable Pullers

The cable pullers came this afternoon while we were out and laid a cable across the lawn and did a neat job. But the reel of cable and the laid cable are terminated on the wrong side of the house. All the internal phones are connected/terminated about 40 feet on the other side. Does anyone know whether the installers will be able to correct this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Pullers

Hi ChrisDawtrey, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear there's some concern about the pre-installation cabling. 

In the interest of trying to avoid any delays with installation it's probably best we raise this with the relevant team who can nip any potential issues in the bud.

I'll send a PM to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

the phone line will be connected to the hub as VM now use VOIP so the issue you need to think about is the position of the hub not where the phones are - if you need extension phones connected i believe VM will add one standard box connected from the hub for you to link into - afaik they wont connect that to your existing extension circuit which is likely connected to your old line

its also normal to place the external box [omnibox] at he front of the property which sounds to be what they have done - if you then want the entry point at the rear [for example] coax cable would then be run internally or externally

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris. Although it may be that everything is as it should be - we've sent over your query & details to the relevant team who will be able to provide confirmation, and let us know if any further work is necessary to ensure your installation isn't delayed unnecessarily. I'll get back in touch as soon as I can.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Tony

Currently my present provider's Hub and phone entry into the house are both in the same position

which is in an open central position giving good Wi-Fi throughout the house. It is unfortunate that the guys had not noticed which side of the house our overhead telephone wires entered.

thanks for your help, much appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Today I have heard that VM are going to complete the final part of the installation next week on Friday

the 13th December wish me luck!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

From Cable Pullers to Installation

Today I have heard that VM are going to complete the final part of the installation next week on Friday

the 13th December wish me luck. Also on the 5th December they are sending an engineer to discuss

the location of the box position. I'll keep you posted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: From Cable Pullers to Installation

@ChrisDawtrey Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it makes it harder for all involved to follow and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your two new threads into your existing one.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about the multiple threads purely accidently

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Today something strange happened yesterday and this morning there was an appointment for an engineer to visit my house tomorrow (5th Dec), This afternoon this appointment has disappeared off My Virgin Media app!!!

I now wonder what is happening, I shall call VM in the morning so watch this space

0 Kudos