Menu
Scott_W70
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Area

Hi everyone,
Newby here.

I live on a newish estate of nearly 1000 houses (I’ve been here 10 years) which was built in phases, the first three phases do not have VM installed however the final phases do.

There is cabling ducting installed as part of the ground works as far as I can tell in most of the original phases.

I have been trying for at least 7 years to get the area cabled without success, however there are approximately 400 houses which would benefit from VM cabling to.

Currently these properties only have copper to the house provided by Openreach and, at best, a max of 40 mbps.

As a community we are keen to get fibre to these properties and I will be grateful if a VM member could PM me to discuss how we can move this forward?

We are in a town that is fully cabled except our part - even a new development across the road is getting VM installed during the build.

Many thanks all.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Area

Is it a private estate ? 

If it's council owned it makes it much easier for VM to install cabling, but if it's private then it becomes much more difficult as the land owner needs to get involved. 

0 Kudos
Scott_W70
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Area

Thanks for replying 👍

No it’s not a private estate (although there are issues with adoption due to the highways not complying with authority standards - this is being corrected as we speak).

Officially the land owner is the same as the newer part of the estate and these areas have been cabled already.

0 Kudos