Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Area

Hi Guys,

Had to get my services cancelled due to moving property and Virgin not having any cables in my area.

I cannot deal with this TalkTalk or Sky 20 down and 1 up nonsense through DSL.

I really want to come back over to Virgin but was wondering if there is anything I can do to try to get my area cabled or at least an ETA on when it could possibly be done. 

There is so much new property development going on in the area that I'm not entirely sure why the area isn't already covered.

If I cant get residential, im looking at doing a leased line but they both involve running cables anyway. 

Any advice or help before I dive into the leased line rabbit hole would be amazing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Area

If Virgin get a load of people from one area all requesting services then they may investigate further, or if a new property development has integrated the virgin cable structure to houses already making it far easier for them they'll investigate. 

Until then it's all a guessing game. 

If you can't handle Sky or TalkTalk try mobile. I can get 90Mbps down and 15 up over 3. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Area

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you really want Virgin but cant. 

Basically the only was is waiting for Virgin if it ever does come down the street. Virgin are always looking to expand and that's why they have "Cable my street" advertised a lot. As if you google that, follow the post code checker and it says its not available, once enough people do it, they consider to run cables there if it is near by. However if its a small town or village the chances are, even if everyone in the village done it, they still potentially wont.

For now the best bet is to actually go with BT. Since they kinda own the DSL network, it cuts out the middle man and usually sky is really bad. I see it very often a lot of ex sky customers coming over to Virgin Media.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more