Menu
gmgohara
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable Broadband - Moving Connection

Hello

Can someone advise the process for getting my Cable Broadband connection moved within my property

I need it moved from the current entry point / room to another room.  Building works I'm having done necessitate this

I did call Customer Services who advised that this type of request (which I know is chargeable) are not being done at the moment.

Is there a way of getting this done as otherwise my builder is simply going to cut through the cable which will cause the service to fail (and I am assuming I can't simply then just log a fault call to say the service has stopped working due to a cable cut)

Appreciate any advice

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Broadband - Moving Connection

its true VM are not doing this kind of non-fault work right now.
Your builder shouldn't cut or modify the cable as it could disrupt the network for all users in the area if the cable injects noise and you would be charged to out it right.

This type of work may have to wait until lockdown restrictions are listed more
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the advice is correct they are not doing non fault call out work or not normally - wait for VM to get to the thread they may be able to do something via the area field manager

cutting the cable is not advisable as you appreciate but by doing that you will have a fault which would then mean a tech would be able to be booked and it may become a free call out - what they would do is then the question as they may walk away when you say you want it moved

Tony
0 Kudos
gmgohara
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would be great if someone from VM can comment

I am keen to do this the right way but the issue is it needs to be moved due to walls being knocked down, however I'm also working to a timeline with the builder so can't simply wait until non fault visits restart

Hopefully someone from VM can comment accordingly

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They will say the exact same thing - unless later on in May no non-fault call outs will happen.This is to protect you and VM work force.

If you can't wait until then they you need to find another approach to the problem.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gmgohara,

Thank you for your post.

Whilst I can completely understand the situation you are in and the inconvenience this must cause, I'm afraid that we simply are not conducting non essential jobs, such as equipment relocations, due to Covid-19. Any relocation appointments that are booked that aren't due to health and safety reasons are automatically cancelled, and so sadly we cannot booked one in for you.

As -tony- has advised, we are still able to send out engineers for fault related issues, and so if the work being done on the house causes an issue with your services or damage, we can then send out an engineer to come and repair.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Beth

0 Kudos