Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable Box Installed too close to Wall Trim

So the cable box is installed so close to the wall trim the new cable that came with our gig broadband install does not fit (we've moved to a new house). Would there be an engineer visit that would be inclusive/not charged to come out and fix this given that this seems to be a bit of a fault.

I seem the same problem happen in America all the time - I've always wondered why they don't just rotate the box 90 degrees so this is never a problem 😂 but I assume there was a reason why this seems to be done everywhere.Cable doesn't fit in (too chonky)Cable doesn't fit in (too chonky)Box is too close to trim!Box is too close to trim!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Box Installed too close to Wall Trim

I will flag for VM to take a look

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if the cable inside is long enough you can move the box up a bit. It will only be 2 screws in the wall

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SophieCheng11, thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues fitting your connection.  I'd like to take a closer look on your behalf. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos