cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT TV manhole installed on my property without permission

Drivewaydingo
Tuning in

hello, please could someone advise who to contact at virgin media following the installation of this small manhole on my property? I’m not a virgin media customer, this should have been installed on the street as I believe it’s fibre for the whole street. It’s installed clearly over the boundary line. I called and created a case number a few weeks ago but have had no response. Many thanks.

IMG_0800.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You may have a long wait to even engage VM in the issue, let alone get them to do anything about it, based on similar topics from the past.

How long has it been there?

Is there a particular reason you need/want it moving?

In VM areas, one of those service points is placed outside properties so they can receive VM services in the future, if required, so it is an unused duct opening for your property rather than the whole street.

You will probably not get a reply from the VM forum team here in 'Community Natter' unless a VIP or moderator moves your topic to another forum where the VM forum team do reply.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's by no means certain that it's on your property as it seems to be on the pavement.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi goslow,

thanks that’s really helpful to understand the context. 

it’s been there about 3 months, they installed them along the street on a recent new roll out. 

the main reason I don’t want it there is because it’s been installed on my property without permission. I have plans to build a wall over this. It looks like it’s on the pavement because it’s in front of the fence but it’s over the boundary. Based on what you’re saying, as I’m not a virgin customer, there isn’t any wiring to worry about. Any advice on how to get this query into a forum where I can get it attended to? Or should I just tell the builder to rip it out when they put the wall in. 

thanks again for your time

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Drivewaydingo wrote:

Any advice on how to get this query into a forum where I can get it attended to?

That's now been done for you.

IMHO the plans in your deed could make or break this query either way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I wonder, Roger, is it remotely possible that a homeowner would know their property boundaries better than a keyboard warrior squinting at a phone photo on a help forum? Or did you install it, and are vehemently defending your terrible decision making? Whatever your reason, take the lead from helpful folk like goslow, or best keep your opinions to yourself. I won’t read any response you make to this message so please don’t waste any more of our time.

Ok I guess I’d better dig out the land registry docs! Thanks for the help. It’s 100% over the boundary line 🙂

@Drivewaydingo wrote:

I wonder, Roger, is it remotely possible that a homeowner would know their property boundaries better than a keyboard warrior squinting at a phone photo on a help forum? Or did you install it, and are vehemently defending your terrible decision making? Whatever your reason, take the lead from helpful folk like goslow, or best keep your opinions to yourself. I won’t read any response you make to this message so please don’t waste any more of our time.

This is a forum and anyone is entitled to post. Also I don't know how many times a homeowner complained about VM installing on their property but only to find that they were wrong and VM was right.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Drivewaydingo

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I will send you a private message now so I can take some details from you.

We will then send this to our project lightning team who will take ownership of the complaint and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide