Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Bs11 superhub 3 internet access denied

Internet has been down all day my better half advised router was flashing yesterday as well. 

When logging into the superhub the homepage shows green on WiFi but internet shows access denied.

Called support twice, first person got me to restart modem and then hold the reset button for 40 seconds after this they mumbled and strangely my call disconnected. 

Second person was much more helpful but focused on getting me to have my android device forget the network and reconnect. Said they couldn't connect to my router from their end. Not sure how forgetting and reconnecting to WiFi could help but nevermind. He told me he performed a factory reset (but I thought he said he couldn't see my router) and to call back I. Two hours. 

I have already triple checked all cables, my V6 TV is recieving signal(internet is through router so not working) which indicates it's not a cable connection issue. 

I'm pretty stumped, from what I can see my router is trying to talk to virgin network but being blocked. Feel pretty fobbed off with tech support to be honest

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bs11 superhub 3 internet access denied

assume the base light is flashing green - if so its likely an external fault - you can call it in but with what you have had so far from CS theres little hope they will do any better than the last lot - you have done a reboot and a reset so you are out of options - it will likely sort itself if they are doing work

the status page might give you something but only if its an area problem

Tony
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, according to status there are no known faults in my area. Poking around the superhub it looks like there are issues with my connection do as below

23/11/2019 19:11:0criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/11/2019 19:11:16criticalRegistration RSP rejected message syntax error;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/11/2019 19:11:16criticalRegistration RSP rejected unspecified reason;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/11/2019 19:11:16ErrorT6 Timeout and retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/11/2019 19:11:16criticalREG RSP not received;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

post the upstream and downstream levels 

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Here you go, not sure how to interpret

Downstream

ChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel ID1267000000-2.238256 qam17

Downstream bonded channels

ChannelLocked StatusRxMER (dB)Pre RS ErrorsPost RS Errors1Locked38.9130

Upstream bonded channels

ChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)Symbol Rate (ksps)ModulationChannel ID1537000005.7512064 qam6

Upstream bonded channels

ChannelChannel TypeT1 TimeoutsT2 TimeoutsT3 TimeoutsT4 Timeouts1ATDMA0000

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

is that it - ther should be 24 downstream channels and 4 upstream - have a quick search and you will see what it should be - assuming you have read it right and posted it right then thats an external fault - will flag it and VM should get to the thread and hopefully run some tests - if its not an area fualt they will book a tech

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, spent another 30mins going through tech support resetting my router again. They booked an engineer for tomorrow 1600-1900 (although I'm at work until 1730). Been told I will get a call when on their way so I skip work early but not holding my breath.

Pretty exhausted with tech support, wouldn't put me through to second line and when I pushed the issue they had closed. 

Issue seems pretty clear to be an external fault of an update bricking my router. 

Typically service is faultless until an issue then the dread of calling as tech support just sea to be reading from a script based on the lost denominator.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

well will wait and see but i was not aware techs work sundays - if its true hope they turn up if not then put it down to offshore rubbish

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry tech on Monday, forgot what day of the week it was today!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how the engineer appointment goes PhilMatthews and if we need to do anything else, please let me know.

Would you like me to check if this has been booked in correctly for you?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos