Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown box on house

Another day, another change to the service request date. Been told by online chat service and by phone calls on each of the last 3 days that the cable pull will 100% happen on each day.. it hasn’t. 2B24B77B-B228-4F47-BB77-B38826D40785.png

Also says I’ve been sent an email explaining this.. I’ve not received any email. 

I understand that sometimes things can take a little longer than originally stated. But it’s the fact that I keep getting told different things, have been promised, reassured it will happen on this day. The following day to just have the same conversation again. Just upfront honesty is all I ask for. Not promises that the people I speak to know are never going to happen. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that the team haven't yet been out to do the cable pre pull, Is there any sign of the team arriving this morning to carry out the work?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

there are 2 parts to an install - the external cable and the internal work - that usually generates 2 dates

the external work is a moving date - its flagged to an external team who complete it anytime up to the install day which they have knowledge of - you do not need to be there so its as and when - hence the rolling dats - theres nothing odd in what you are seeing other than they have already tried to pull the cable and found the blockage

from there its a matter of work to unblock the duct - that can need council permission or approval - as said that depends on the nature of the work and where it is - a busy road [for example] would need to be planned - normally 6 weeks is quoted as a timeframe for work to be done - but as you have a rolling date it looks as though plans are in place

the second part of the install can only happen when the external cable is in place

hopefully all that will happen to allow the install date as indicated

sods law can get in the way as the 2 teams are poor at communicating and its possible the tech will arrive on the due date with no external cable in place - if that happens he may spice into next doors box - that should only be temp - depends on the tech i think but from your photos its easy enough - discuss that with the tech on the day if the pull has not happend

Tony
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Tony do you work for Virgin Media? If not they should offer you a job! That’s the most honest and helpful answer I’ve had. Thank you.

My worry is that it’s Virgin who can’t say this to me. The rolling date etc.. just be honest and say that. Don’t make promises or reassurances which they know aren’t true. 

I’ve read some proper horror stories on here. People waiting 205 days for an install.. not being able to have it full stop etc. The only thing which makes me think slightly different to that is they were all before the compensation scheme was in place. 

I’ve got an installation date. I had one of the 21st then the 27th, now the 5th of September. I won’t accept them saying it’s a provisional date. I’ve got screenshots of chats with them telling me it’ll be installed on the 5th 100% 

Thank you for replying and offering me some support. I know I’m only 1 in millions of customers and it’s not a big deal to most people. But to us as a new family in a our new home it is one. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdean23, 

Very sorry to hear of the delay in the installation, I can appreciate this is frustrating. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few details from you.

I can then give you a bit more information regarding the work needed and hopefully a bit more clarity on the situation 🙂

Get back to me when you can.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, thanks for the message. I’ve replied 

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

its the install day tomorrow. Had a text from Virgin telling me an engineer will be out between 8am and 1pm so I’ve booked the day off work. 

2D4C9FCB-194E-4A42-9499-FBD796ECAEB1.jpeg

Still no activity regarding the cable pull though so I’m concerned about it. Hopefully it’ll all be sorted tomorrow. But like I keep saying, I’ve read so many stories about installations going wrong. 

Fingers crossed!! 

0 Kudos