cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box installed without permission

Tessw3
Joining in

Yesterday afternoon (8/6/2023) I returned home to find a Virgin media brown box had been fitted to the brick wall of my house which has just recently been repointed without my permission.

I am not a Virgin media customer and have my broadband with another provider therefore I did not request this work to be carried out and also the homeowner of the property.

Also your customer services is absolutely useless, as I’m not a VM could not speak to person, there’s no customer services email so have had to result to joining this forum to get a response.

I want this box removed from my wall immediately and want an explanation from a senior member of staff as to why this is allowed to happen.

I expect to hear from you with in 48hrs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM use third party contractors to do drop line installs, & there have been a spate of these foul ups recently. You should get a response from the forum team here shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Posts are dealt with by VM in order, so sometimes it can take up to 3 days to get a response.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM use third party contractors to do drop line installs, & there have been a spate of these foul ups recently. You should get a response from the forum team here shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tessw3 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community - very sorry to hear of this unwanted omnibox install.

I'll send you a PM now to get some details to have this investigated and resolved.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tessw3
Joining in

While trolling through VM website I came across a WhatsApp contact number for Vm and contacted that way and was able to get a reply. They were not able to tell me why the box had been fitted to my wall so as they had no records so my complaint has been forwarded to their fields team so hopefully this box will be removed. I also mentioned it was not very helpful a non VM customer could not contact their customer services plus there was not a customer services email address. For info VM WhatsApp number is 07305 327 112. I’ll keep the forum updated