Menu
Banksy25
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broken cable

Hello!

I've been a Virgin customer in the past but am currently with another provider.

I’m having a new driveway laid and the builders accidentally cut through the cable that was there.

can I/ do I get this fixed now while the driveway is up even if I’m not currently a customer as I may be again in the future, or will I have to wait until I sign up again by which time the drive will have tarmac? Will it be easy enough to fix the cable?

thank you for any help.

sharon 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken cable

Hi Sharon

We wouldn't lay it until you are a new customer unfortunately. If it has been cut though it would most likely only need splicing though.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Banksy25
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick response.

I thought as much but wanted to check.

you won’t need to dig up my new driveway to repair?

thanks

sharon 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does it run directly under where the tarmac will be?

If worst came to worst then we could always run a new drop cable when you were to resign. Will the whole of the drive all be tarmac?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Banksy25
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes they’ve cut right through and it will be under the new tarmac. Yes the whole driveway will be done.

do I allow the builders to tarmac over the broken cable?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will pop you a private message to take some details, so we can see if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks

Christy

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I was in your position I would place a straight plastic pipe under the drive from the point Virgin pavement cover to the location where you want the Virgin wall box to be fitted. At least this method when you want new Virgin service they can pull new cables under the drive.

If you don't prepare this now the only other option is surface cables covered in green sleeve..seen this in my area and not pretty sight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos