Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broken cable and how to connect tv box and hub

Hi guys- 

thanks for reading. Yesterday I received my new tv v6 box. 

when I attached the new splitter cable to my old hub box the wire has completely spilt apart and the inside wires is now visible! 😱😱😱 is this a common fault? 

also I’m not sure I can even use the new TV box as my internet hub is set up upstairs (only place in the house it can go) but my tv is down stairs. How do I connect the two with out them having a 30ft wire running all over my house?  

min pribaclt being really dense but I honest don’t see how I do it? Seems I need the Ethernet cable attached to both the hub and tv box? 

hope someone can help. 

ggrider1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken cable and how to connect tv box and hub

You connect the V6 to the VM system using the white co-ax cable.

You then go into the V6 settings and set up a Wi-Fi connection to the VM Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub and tv no where near each other and broken cable

Broken cable and how to connect tv box and  broken cable 

sorry for repeated post- I makes my previous one as answered when trying to reply to an answer. 😩

Hi guys- 

thanks for reading. Yesterday I received my new tv v6 box. 

when I attached the new splitter cable to my old hub box the wire has completely spilt apart and the inside wires is now visible! 😱😱😱 is this a common fault? 

also I’m not sure I can even use the new TV box as my internet hub is set up upstairs (only place in the house it can go) but my tv is down stairs. How do I connect the two with out them having a 30ft wire running all over my house?  

min pribaclt being really dense but I honest don’t see how I do it? Seems I need the Ethernet cable attached to both the hub and tv box? 

hope someone can help. 

ggrider1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub and tv no where near each other and broken cable

THREADS MERGED

You can remove the helpful answer from the message using the options menu.

If you need the V6 in a different place to the hub you cannot self-install. Call Customer Services & request a manned install. This should be free as you are installing new equipment.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos