Menu
Mjkeenan4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broken Coax need a replacement

Hi, 

I need a new coax cable for my broadband. The coax cable end that plugs into the WiFi box is about to break. From previous posts I think I should get a virgin coax rather than buy a standard one from Screwfix...to ensure we have a good connection.  How do I get a new cable? I tried the virgin website and been on hold trying to call for a while with no success.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Coax need a replacement

You need a technician’s visit to replace the cable. Either phone or wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, unfortunately at present this could be a number of days. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if its a standard length they will send one out i believe - afaik thats 1 metre and 3 metres - not sure about the longer one - if yours is different then as said you need a tech - staff here will arrange something - if you ring its a free repair so dont let them try and charge you £99 for a non fault callout

Tony
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the cable is longer than 3m and was installed by VM they will replace it free of charge. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos