Menu
Owen1892
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broken Coax Cable from wall socket to splitter

Unfortunately I managed to break the coax cable that goes from the wall socket into the splitter. I've tried calling and was told to wait for an engineer to call back. Literally all I need is for someone to send a new coax cable but for some reason they were not able to do so when I called. Does anyone have any other suggestions for finding a replacement cable? Working from home makes it pretty urgent to get reconnected, and I can't wait for ages to hear back from an electrician! The cable that is broken goes from the wall socket to he splitter. My broadband hub is a Hub 3. Thanks. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Coax Cable from wall socket to splitter

There are cables available to buy online, but you are only supposed to use VM cables for technical/quality reasons.  Some cables being offered for sale are cheap/poor.

I believe the cables are only provided by technicians working for VM - not to post out?  - ring in again and push for a visit/provision - or wait for a rep here.  They may charge if you damaged the cable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

there should be no charge for the call out - VM will get to the thread and sort something - it can take  day or two to get to threads

keep trying the phone and see if they will send a 1metre isolator cable - thats the only one that is kept as replacement afaik

in the mean time you could remove the cable that goes from the splitter to the hub at splitter end and connect that to the wall box - you would lose whatever else it connected to the splitter - tv box? - but you should have internet hopefully - i add hopefully as the splitter changes the level to the hub - by removing the splitter the levels could be out of tolerance - but worth a try - you could post the levels if you do the change and you will get comment

Tony
0 Kudos
Owen1892
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all, managed to find a cable to do the job for a bit. I asked a few places yesterday who said they didn't have the right connection, turns out they did! 

0 Kudos