Menu
Samstimo123
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

2502C03A-9797-43AB-BAC4-B4A4362FA9B7.jpeg

New customer and had engineer installation these lights haven’t gone off since set up got not wifi connection at all anyone help? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

Have you tried a pinhole rest. press pin in for a full 60 seconds leave it switched on throughout

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Samstimo123
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried that also no joys I’ve ran all the online diagnostics and tests and still no luck! Don’t no what else to do it says I need to book e engineer visit again which I have now done but that won’t be until Saturday! Wouldn’t mind be a engineer came today and fitted it and I’m having this problem!☹️

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Samstimo123 wrote:

Yes I have tried that also no joys I’ve ran all the online diagnostics and tests and still no luck! Don’t no what else to do it says I need to book e engineer visit again which I have now done but that won’t be until Saturday! Wouldn’t mind be a engineer came today and fitted it and I’m having this problem!☹️

Did you ensure it worked before they left?

They normally ask you to sign something.

0 Kudos
Samstimo123
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I wasn’t at home when the engineer installed it my mother in-law was here for me but she’s abit behind the times so to speak

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Samstimo123 wrote:

I wasn’t at home when the engineer installed it my mother in-law was here for me but she’s abit behind the times so to speak

Fair enough.

It's not right the engineer left without it working to be honest, if they did that is...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So when they installed it did they not demonstrate it working before leaving? Were you not asked to sign something to say you were satisfied? Or are they playing the covid card on that nowadays?

All you can do is just check that all the connections are in nice and finger type (disconnect and reconnect) with each other and the wall box, and that all the cabling looks undamaged

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Samstimo123
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was working when the engineer installed it my mother in law was here but she’s abit behind the times so to speak I’ve asked her but she ain’t got a clue!😂 but either way I’ve gone through the steps online and had to re book another engineers visit very annoying 

0 Kudos
Samstimo123
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well when I walked in from work it had them green lights on so guessing it’s either never worked or it’s stopped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I will ask VM to come here and take a look for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos