Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband won't connect

Recieved my self install kit and am unable to connect to the network, tried calling and says all call centres are shut, tried help pages online, not working, intermittent green light at bottom and green wifi light, that's all that lit up, any ideas guys, done all the reboot stuff as well

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband won't connect

Hi, there should be an activation phone number in the quickstart box. If modems not active it wont work(flashing bottom green light would go solid white once activated)

If you have activated the modem and its still flashing green it can mean there is no signal from the cable. Is it all connected ok? 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Everything is connected, tried phone number and its saying call centres are shut due to coronavirus, is it possible an engineer will be required??

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I literally have the same problem, I'm a new customer and I've connected everything, called the automated line and nothing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried registering on 'myvirginmedia' as a new customer and used the online chat?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, they're directing me to the right department apparently, chat on hold till I get a reply from them, however it's not monitored, sono just have to sit and wait

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can also text 07533051809 and wait on a reply, hope this helps 

0 Kudos